Statement of faith
The faculty and staff of St. James Convergence School of Ministry professes the Christian faith as it is summarized in the Apostles’ and the Nicene, Creeds. We believe the Bible is the inerrant, authoritative, divinely-inspired Word of God (2 Tim. 3:16). Therefore, even as Jesus “opened the Scriptures” to the disciples on the Emmaus road (Luke 24:32), so today, we need the Holy Spirit to assist us by opening the Scriptures to our understanding. We articulate our faith in the following statements:
- Sola Scriptura: the entire Holy Bible, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the only inspired, infallible, authoritative revelation of God to man (II Tim. 3: 16-17; II Pet.1:21).
- The Nature and Person of GOD: One true living GOD, eternally existent as the "Trinity" or “the Godhead”: THE FATHER, THE SON, AND THE HOLY SPIRIT- having precisely the same nature, attributes, and perfections, indivisible, inseparable, and worthy of precisely the same worship, confidence, and obedience. (Matt.28: 19-19; Mark 12:29; John 1:14; Acts 5:3-4; Heb.1:1-3); the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, death, burial, resurrection, and ascension. (John 1:1-18; Matt.1:18-25; John 8:46; Acts 10:38; Luke 23:13-56; Mark 16:1-14, 19-20); the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, and His ongoing ministry grace, gifts, and power in the Church (Acts 5:3, 4; I Cor.12:4-6; Heb.9:14; Luke 1:35; Jn.14:26; Ps.139:7-10; Jn.14:16-17; 16:8; Acts 1:8; 2:4; Rom.12: 4-8; 1Cor.12-14).
- All human being are offspring of Adam and Eve are sinners by nature and are in need of salvation (the new birth) without which no one shall see the Kingdom of God. (Gen.1:26-27; 3:1-24; 5:3; Ps.51:5; Rom.3:23; 5:12)
- Solus Christus: Jesus Christ the only mediator between God and man, and that there is salvation through no other; this salvation in Christ is sola fide (by faith alone) through Sola gratia (grace alone), and all the glory belongs to God alone (Soli Deo Gloria) (Isa.53; Jn.10:28; Rom.3:23; 5:12; 14:6; Eph.2:8-9; 1 Tim.2:15; II Pet.1-10; Heb.8:6; 9:15; 12:24; I Jn.5:13; Jude 20-25.
- The personal, literal, bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to Judge the world and consummate His Kingdom (Obad.15; Lu.16:19-23; Mk.9:43; Rom.2:1-16; I Thes.4:17; Rev.19-21).